Saturday, October 22, 2011

Day 3

Chase has been at Children's Memorial Hospital for 3 days. It gets easier day by day but yet it's still so hard.

The surgeon took his dressing off this morning so you can actually see his stitches. They're painful to look at. We're told he's not in a lot of pain. He has an order for Morphine, but seems to do just fine with only Tylenol.

We're staying a few blocks away from the hospital at a Ronald McDonald house. Its nice. I still feel awkward there, but it gets better. B will go back to work Monday but sleep at the house at night so I'm not alone.

I wish I could speed up time so he could come home. I love being in Chicago, but not under circumstances like this.

He still hasn't peed on his own. We/they are hoping it's from a lack of fluid intake and not a complication of surgery. He hasn't eaten since he hasn't really woken up from surgery. They don't want to really force him to eat because they don't want him to choke. He did get about 5ml of formula and he may get a ng tube so he can get some nutrients until he's ready to eat on his own.

I'll update as I can.

-e

No comments:

Post a Comment